05 March 2018
Sun Country Food and Wine Festival
The Sun Country Food and Wine Festival begins on the 16 March 2018 and invites you to a collection of regional events showcasing our finest local produce.
Pedal though the olive grove to a prearranged picnic, cruise our waterways while sampling the tastes of Sun Country on the Murray, take a journey to remember with twilight tapas in a cactus garden.
Take a tour through the beautiful countryside, wherever your travels take you around Sun Country on the Murray there is quality food and wine on offer.
The full list of autumn harvest and tour and taste events can be found in the Sun Country Food and Wine Festival Program.
Various dates and prices apply.
19 Feb 2018
Coming Soon - What's On Page
Find out what's on in Sun Country on the Murray each week at our new What's On page. Here we will keep you informed with all the events and happenings across the Sun Country on the Murray Region.
Like and follow the Sun Country on the Murray Facebook Page for weekly What's On updates.
The page is set to go live 1 March 2018. Stay tuned for the links.
16 Jan 2018
Totally Wild Filming
The crew from popular children's show Totally Wild took a quick visit to Sun Country on the Murray late last year.
They experienced the highlights of the Barmah National Park by canoe with the local park ranger, tackled water skiing and Aqua Zone on Lake Mulwal, and took a bike ride through the olive grove at Rich Glen Olive Estate.
Watch the episodes on Ten Play now.
1 Dec 2017
In the Event of Heavy Rain in Sun Country on the Murray
It is important to us that our visitors remain safe whilst in the Sun Country on the Murray region. We advise that in the event of heavy rainfall that you follow the advice from the relevant authorities.
28 Nov 2017
Sun Country Food and Wine Festival 2018
Tickets are now on sale for the 2018 Melbourne Food and Wine Festival. We are please to announce that eleven wonderful events hightlighted in this program will be held right here in Sun Country on the Murray as part of our annual Sun Country Food and Wine Festival.
Book now to taste your way through the region between 16 - 25th of March 2018.
30 Sep 2017
Raft the Murray
Sun Country on the Murray's exciting new tourism campaign, Raft the Murray is now live on our website on the 28 September 2017.
We invite you to join our friends from all around the world on a river rafting adventure down Australia' s longest river. Experience all the magic and charm that makes Sun Country on the Murray fun country for everyone.
To see the espisodes visit the link below, and dont forget to share it with your friends.
29 Aug 2017
Amazing new display at Barmah Heritage Centre
Australian artist Ulla Taylor has produced an amazing 3D artwork at the Barmah Forest and Heritage Centre.
This photo shows the artist with one of her illustrations - and believe it or not the illustration is actually on the floor - not standing up eating out of Ulla's hand.
We encourage everyone to visit the centre to have a look at this terrific exhibition.
18 Aug 2017
Cobram Barooga Oktoberfest
The inaugural Cobram Barooga Oktoberfest will be held at the Cobram Harness Racing Track on October 14th 2017. It will be a family friendly day of food, beer, sausage, music, dance, and good company. The activity will commence at 11:00am and finish at 6.00pm. Bring along your chairs and blankets. Kids under 16 enter free.
Here is a sneak peek of what you can expect from the Oktoberfest.
- German Beers, Ciders, Wine, Sprits
07 Aug 2017
Winter Warmer Recipe
As you travel around Sun Country on the Murray, you will be presented with endless opportunities to pick up fresh local produce. Whether you are camping by the river and cooking on an open fire, living it up in a luxury apartment by the lake, or touring the country side in a camper van, we have a quick winter warmer dinner for you.
Broccoli & Boosey Blue Cheese Soup
18 July 2017
10 Basics you should have in your tackle box on your first fishing adventure
A trip to the Sun Country on the Murray region is a great opportunity to throw a line in for the chance to catch your very own fish of the day. Local rivers and lakes are brimming with fish, with the Murray cod and – in the cooler months – the Murray cray the prize catches.
While long stretches of the Murray and connected waterways offer prime fishing, many anglers are drawn to Lake Mulwala, widely known as a Murray Cod hot spot. Along with the prized Cod, you might also hook a Yellowbelly, Redfin or Silver Perch, among many other native and introduced species.
Here is a list of the nine basics that you should have in your tackle box on your first fishing adventure in Sun Country on the Murray:
Extra Line - Always have a back-up supply of fishing line. It’s almost a guarantee that your fishing line will break at some point on your fishing adventure in Sun Country on the Murray. You may get your line caught on a log, but it may also be that monster Murray Cod from in the depths of the old fishing hole.
- Extra Hooks - Stock up your tackle box with a variety of hooks. No matter what type you carry, make sure you have all types and sizes and check your local fishing store for what the local fish like.
- Sinkers - A hook and worm alone are too light to sink very deeply. You’ll need to attach a sinker to help the hook sink down in the water to be at the perfect eye level for that Golden Perch. Take a few spares along; just remember if you lose your line you lose your hook, line and sinker.
- Worms – you obviously won’t catch a fish without bait. Make sure you have enough in reserve to last you through the day out on the water.
- Floaters – or bobbers as they’re sometimes called. These are great to help you know when a fish is biting. When the floater sinks you will know you’re ready to reel in the catch of the day.
- Pocket Knife – you can’t go fishing without a pocket knife.
- A couple of lures- The old hook and worm should be enough for most of your fishing needs. But sometimes you’ll want to bust out some of the more complex lures in order to up your game. There are literally hundreds of types of fishing lures to choose from.
- Small first aid kit – Hopefully you won’t have any major medical emergencies, but it’s good to be prepared just in case.
- Sun Country on the Murray Fishing guide – The Sun Country on the Murray fishing brochure provides an overview of the region's popular fishing locations and stores and much more. Download you copy here.
- Sunscreen – if you’re out fishing you are likely to be out in the sun all day. Keep it in the tackle box to remind you to keep reapplying.
20 June 2017
Keep Healthy this Winter with some hot tips from the Sun Country on the Murray producers.
Winter is certainly here. There is nothing worse than planning a holiday and then coming down sick right before you head off. We want to make sure you keep in good health on your next trip to Sun Country on the Murray.
Check out these ideas for super healthy products:
For more information check the operator listings on the Farm Gate Trail page and identify farm gate stores you'd like to visit on your next trip.